What Is Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance?
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance helps pay a lump sum in the event of a covered accident. Specifically, these covered accidents are ones that could not be foreseen and are fatal or dismembering. Deaths that come due to prior medical conditions are not covered under this accidental death and dismemberment policy. hy Employees Need Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Unlike Workers’ Compensation, which covers only work-related accidents, AD&D insurance applies wherever covered accidents happen, such as at home or on the road. Along with life, disability and critical illness benefits, AD&D insurance can help round out a comprehensive benefits package. Access to a full range of protection solutions can help attract and retain top employees.
What Does Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance Cover?
Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance policies (AD&D) provide benefits for covered accidents that result in fatality, paralysis, the loss of a limb, eyesight, hearing, speech and more. An AD&D plan may include coverage for employees only or employees and dependents and typically provides 24-hour coverage no matter where a covered accident occurs, whether at work, home or away for:
- Loss of Life
- Loss of Speech
- Loss of Hearing
- Loss of a Hand, Foot or Sight
- Loss of Thumb and Index Finger on Either Hand
- Loss of Movement
AD&D applies in the event of a covered injury, paralysis or death resulting from a covered accident, There are plenty of plan options available.
- Benefits are payable for losses that occur within 365 days of the covered accident.
- Plans are available on an employer-paid, voluntary and standalone basis.
- A variety of options are available to choose from, including high coverage limits and no medical underwriting necessary.
- Is Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance Flexible? h3
- In addition to the standard AD&D plan, there are enhanced and premium plan designs and services that can be customized to best suit the specific needs of each company.
The following optional benefits are also available with AD&D Insurance:
- Accelerated Death Benefit
- Accident Hospital Income
- Adaptive Home and Vehicle Benefit
- Anti-Inflation Benefit
- Bereavement Counseling Benefit
- Child Education Benefit
- Coma Benefit
- Common Disaster Benefit
- Critical Burn Benefit
- Day Care Benefit
- Funeral Expense Benefit
- HIV Occupational Accident Benefit
- Loss of Use Benefit
- Newborn Coverage
- Newlywed Coverage
- Paralysis Benefit
- Permanent Total Disability
- Rehabilitation Benefit