What to do if you have a claim...

We understand it can be stressful when it's time to file a claim due to a car accident, or from an ice damn - so rest assure our agency is here to help you along the way. Independent agents like us are here to be your advocate, so never shy away from any questions you may have during your claims process. We have listed some helpful tips for you to review if you ever do need to file a claim.

FAQ Car Insurance Claim Questions

Q. I've been in an accident, what now?

A. Give us a call so we can make sure you’ve collect all the information you need. We have also listed all contact information if you prefer to report the claim directly to the insurance carrier. The claims department will need to know:

  • When the accident occurred.
  • Where the accident occurred (be as specific as possible).
  • How the accident happened
  • What kind of vehicle or vehicles were involved (including the year, make, and model).
  • A description of the damage on each vehicle and photos if possible.
  • The names and contact information of people involved in the accident.
  • The extent of any injuries to people involved in the accident.
  • The names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident.
  • The name of the law enforcement agency that responded and the police report number, if police were contacted.

Q. I have a crack in my windshield – what now?

A. You will be able to call the windshield replacement shop directly. Give our agency a call if you need guidance on finding a shop to assist you.

FAQ Homeowner Claim Questions

Q. I have damage to my house - what now?

A. Give us a call so we can make sure you’ve collect all the information you need. You can also report your claim directly to your insurance carrier – we have listed all contact information here. Here is a quick list of the information you will needed:

  • When the incident occurred.
  • A general description of what happened
  • The location of the damaged property and what was damaged.
  • The condition of the home and if it is still livable.
  • If temporary repairs are needed.
  • If the fire or police department was contacted, which department responded and any report number. Your contact information and the best time to reach you.

Q. Should I protect my home from further damage?

A. Yes, once it is safe to do so, it is your responsibility to protect your property from further damage.

  • Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs such as boarding up broken windows, covering the roof, and removing debris.
  • Keep a list of any temporary repairs you make to document the damage, and make sure to save your receipts.
  • If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be inspected. If you are unsure about an item, include it with the damaged property.
  • If you have fire or smoke damage, do not try to clean the damaged items. Sometimes cleaning things without the proper equipment can cause more damage.
Get an insurance quote &
see how much you can save.