Four activities you and your family can do this fall:
1. Corn Mazes, apple and pumpkin picking.
- Sauchuk’s Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch in Plympton has fun activities for all ages. Two corn mazes, Hay Wagon ride, cow rain jumpy pillows and more! This is one of our favorites to visit each fall. www.sauchukmaze.com.
- Lookout Farm in South Natick offers both pumpkin and apple picking during the fall. The farm also has children’s play area along with a train and hay ride. www.lookoutfarm.com
- Connors Farm in Danvers on top of the apple and pumpkin picking – this farm offers a 7-acre corn maze, barn yard animals hay-jump and slide, and more… www.connorsfarm.com
2. Go for a walk or hike! Some of the most beautiful walking and hiking trails are
at our footsteps. Here are a few of our favorites.
- World’s End Hingham GPS address 150 Martins Lane Hingham, MA 02043. Overlooking the Boston sky line, this location brings the best of both land and sea.
- Blue Hills trails in Canton are a great location to hike. They have different levels of hiking from beginner to intermediate. You can also visit the Trailside Museum at the base of trails after you’re done with your hike.
- If you enjoy the foliage and like going for car rides, then you may want to take a trip up to New Hampshire this fall for a hike. A Moderate Hike Moose Mountain is just a little more than an hour and a half from Boston. For those more adventures keep driving north to the Franconia Notch State Park.
3. Haunted houses! If you like a good thrill, then these places may give you want you’ve been looking for.
- Factory of Terror – located in Fall River, Worcester
andWest Warwick RI. www.factoryofterror.com. If you like a good old fashion scare, then this is right up your alley.
- Barrett’s Haunted Mansion in Abington.
www.bhmansion.com .Experience the madness behind the walls of Black Hinge Maximum Security Penitentiary at Barrett's Haunted Mansion. Prisoners are unhinged and running rampant!
- Witch’s Woods in Westford, MA. https://witchswoods.com. We dare you to go for this haunted hayride through the Nashoba Valley Ski area!
4. Visit a zoo for a not so scary experience. The Fall is a great time to visit a zoo, and many of the zoos decorate for the seasons. Here are our top three zoos to visit in New England:
- Southwick Zoo in Mendon, MA. Just an hour south of Boston this zoo is a
must see. They even have carnival rides for the little ones to enjoy. Zoo Boo Days are from October 19 – 31th. www.southwickszoo.com
- Franklin Park Zoo in Boston www.zoonewengland.org/franklin-park-zoo. Conveniently located in Boston. Zoo Howl takes place on 10/26 and 10/27 from
11:00am– 3pmeach day.
- RogersWilliams Park Zoo in Providence Rhode Island. This zoo has a fun Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular from October 4th to November 4th. www.rwpzoo.org